Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Hate Century 21

Don't you? Why in hell I went to the Liberty Street store, when I have one in my neighborhood that I detest just as passionately I'll never know. Maybe it was Hubby's gentle coaxing, or maybe it was because after almost 6 hours uptown, I had not purchased so much as a Metrocard, ( I couldn't believe it myself) and I was/am in need of some psychologically sustaining retail therapy. I hate myself still, even 7 hours later, for stepping foot into that swap meet disguised as a department store.

If you don't know what a Century 21 is - don't worry - you're not missing a damn thing, unless you count reject poly-blend sportswear and eurotrash dresses that were made for devotees of The Rocky Horror Picuture Show, (and which incidentally didn't sell at Last Call - and as a matter of fact - were priced for less at our trusty Last Call) your cup of tea. If some, if not most, of your wardrobe is a-la Kohl's or Target, then this is your eastside Mrs. Jefferson - you're movin' on up. By all means, if this description sounds like you, run don't walk there - you'll feel like you're on your own personal Rodeo Drive, minus the style, replete with a housewares department.

I think, no wait, I know that I hate Century 21 even more than Loehmann's. And while I'm in bitch-mode, don't even get me started on Filene's Basement, Century 21's less chaotic but nonetheless painfully unattractive styleless twin.

On a happier note, I did buy the new grey Bailley 44 dress from Lord and Taylor on Friday. It was under $200 with coupon, how could I resist? Check in tomorrow for pics of this funky little number.

***( a note for our more devoted readers) Day 23 kids. I'm just getting started.

No comments: