Thursday, July 12, 2007

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT, "WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY" BLOGS?

Do you think they're the epitome of narcissism? I'm not talking about blogs that state without a photograph, I wore this this and this today. Nor am I referring to blogs who's writer lays out that day's attire across their bed and photographs it to post to her blog later. What I'm referring to is the narcissistic need for some bloggers to post a photograph of themselves EVERYDAY under the guise of, "What I'm Wearing Today." Here's my two cents:

1. If you were the MOST ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS TRENDSETTER in the world, then I would be seeing your picture on the cover of US Weekly or on PEOPLE's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.

2. If you were such a DROP-DEAD STUNNING FASHIONISTA, then you would have paparazzi hiding out behind your chaise in order to catch another perfect photograph of you, you wouldn't have to take your own photo of how FABULOUS you are.

3. Your poor husband, boyfriend, parents or life partner that have to go through life with a self-centered delusional such as yourself. I feel so badly for them.

4. IF you can not control the urge to post photos on your blog of how uncute you are in your new outfit today, then please please please don't advertise to the world that you're rocking an outfit from Walmart, KMart or any other store that ends in, "Mart". Fashionistas do not shop at __mart.

5. Get some psychiatric help and quickly. You know that telephone number on the back of your health insurance card that is entitled, "Mental Health Services"? That's the number you need to call NOW.

No comments: