Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SPRING BLOUSES (PICS TO FOLLOW, I PROMISE)

Whenever I am fortunate enough to find a blouse that fits my adult-film sized chest it's a great day. Whenever I am able to find three of those tops in one day it's a, "G-G-R-R-R-E-A-T" day as the eloquent Tony the Tiger might muse. The blouses are from the Jones New York Spring Collection. They're elegant, yet flirty and are so versatile that going from the office to dinner no longer requires the dreaded and always rushed pit stop home. Sure, in theory meeting for dinner and drinks with that special someone and his not so special friends right after powering down sounds like it might be a fun way to relax and unwind, but we fashionistas know what that spells for us - CHAOS. Your head starts to race with thoughts of how you're going to pull this logistical fashion nightmare off. Should I tell my boss that I'm not feeling well so that I can catch the 4:00 pm express home you ponder? Or should I say that my cat has to see the vet at 4 o'clock today since she insisted on eating her weight in Fancy Feast last night and is now suffering from the worst case of kitty indigestion known to catkind? (With three of his own, Boss is a friend to the felines, surely this would work you think) Light bulb moment! I'll say that I am the emergency contact at my nephew's school and the school nurse just called saying that hell's star hellion has a case of the chicken pox. You can't say no to an emergency contact. There must be a law against not releasing an employee who's been given such an important role. Undoubtedly you decide that you'll go with choice C. To start, its a surefire way to go home early. Second, this excuse would give you the most amount of time to go home and get tres chic, since the frantic phone call from the school nurse would have to be received before 3pm. And last, but certainly not least, this excuse gives you the option for continued use at a later date. Two weeks from now when the weather even more closely resembles jungle heat you could take a much needed hiatus to become one with the sand. Mr. Bossman remember my nephew that had chicken pox? Well you won't believe this...

No comments: