Saturday, June 2, 2007

DRESSES AND POSSIBLE CONTENDERS

So, I bought more than I thought that I would today, but that's okay. Actually, it's always okay. I bought 7 dresses today, (I also purchased 2 blouses and one Tommy Bahama cropped vest, but who cares? I'm here to talk about my new dressies). The most memorable being this POSITIVELY GORGEOUS RUNWAY Calvin Klein linen dress. I also snagged a Nicole Miller silk, a BCBG (cotton?) a Chetta B, a Kay Unger, another dress that I can't remember who designed, and a Ralph Lauren linen. (For those of you new to the world of fashion, a.k.a - boyfriend, husband, life partner, SO - BCBG and Ralph Lauren carry both petites and womens plus sizes). It's very very rare that I hit paydirt to this degree when I buy dresses, but guess what girls? CHA-CHING!!! PAYDIRT!!! Really, there was no way to say no to these dresses. It's been SEASONS since I've found dresses that are decent looking and pretty. By decent I mean not looking like something that you would buy at a swapmeet or at a discount mega-store. (Why are the majority of dresses following this swapmeety-cheap-look and feel while being priced at a minimum of $300?) Imagine my delight when I came upon dress after dress with classic styles and perfect lines. There was little that I could do from not falling on the floor, curling up in a ball and giggling uncontrollably like a mental patient from the sheer joy of finding these treasures. Now, imagine the look on my face when I discovered that these dresses looked as good on as they did hanging. To be honest, some even looked better once I slipped them on! That never happens!! So, all in all I purchased 7 dresses. Hubby was with me and approved of them all. Now, to pass the Mom test. I think this time I will finally pass. Stay Tuned. BTW, at least 4 of those dresses are contenders for tomorrow night's engagement and for Monday's concert. Thank you God.

No comments: