Wednesday, June 13, 2007

SATELLITE PARTY ON CARSON DALY

If you didn't catch Satellite Party on Carson last night you missed one masterpiece of a performance. Call NBC and get a copy of last night's show, because Satellite Party is the best band around anywhere. The energy conveyed from Perry and the rest of the Satellite Party gang as they rocked Carson's stage was E-L-E-C-T-R-I-C! I was at home in my comfy, yet sexily fashionista, Hello Kitty spaghetti strap top and shorts pajama set and yet I literally felt like I was in the front row.


Perry as usual was everything that we know and love. Exuberant, sexy, and nothing short of perfect as he mesmerized Carson's audience, (actually Satellite Party's audience, because by the sounds of the screams from awestruck fans it didn't take much to know who that audience was there to see, sorry Carson sweetie)with his positively poetic lyrics. Do you really think that it's a coincidence that Perfection is spelled P-e-r-r-y?

To Perry's immediate right was Carl Restivo. I have one word to describe Carl - HOT. Attention Ford Models,Inc: We have your new blond Adonis! But Carl isn't just some pretty face, he has talent with a capital, "T". Carl is Flea, Les Claypool, and Geddy Lee all rolled into one big sizzling hot package. Carl's vocals were the perfect compliment to Perry's. I can see why Carl is such a coveted bassist and why he has played with such artists as Wycleff Jean, DJ KNS and Extreme. Speaking of Extreme, let's talk about some Nuno.

Nuno Bettencourt, co-producer on Ultra Payloaded, was to Perry's left. Nuno is the sultriest guitarist that I have ever laid eyes on. Maybe it's because he has classic bad boy looks. Maybe it's because no-one can come close to Nuno on the guitar. Maybe its because that perfectly synchronized deep voice of his is what makes the ladies still cry over him, a decade after EXTREME. And allow me to assure you this, there is no difference between the Nuno then and the Nuno now, it's as if time has stood still for Nuno. He still makes the ladies want surrender to his unmatched musical talent and bad-?#!looks.

Etty Farrell, a triple threat with her beauty, dancing ability, and vocals was positioned directly behind Perry. The old adage is so true and quite evident here. Behind every man is a good woman. Rock on sister!

Last, but not at all least, was Kevin Figueiredo in the back on drums, his presence every bit Oz-like. Although I did not have my surround sound turned on so as not to wake the neighbors, Kevin made me reconsider not using my wireless headphones as he mastered every beat, making each one sound as if I were lucky enough to be right there in the audience. I may require the using of an assisted hearing device from now on, but I don't care. Kevin's rugged profile not only makes me forget about my new hearing loss, it makes me want to see more of him, NOW.

Make sure that you don't miss the next few nights of Satellite Party on NBC's Last Call with Carson Daly. I'm certain that after turning down the lights and shutting off your TV you'll have very pleasant dreams.

No comments: