Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DKNY CHANEL JEWELRY + MORE

Happy Mother's Day to the most fashionable mamas on the planet - you the readers of fashionplusjewelry.com Never compromising style because of mommyhood, you are an inspiration to fashionable ladies everywhere both with babies and without. Who said that because you have a little bundle of joy or two that you have to look like a fashion school drop out? Not you. If I were your teacher I would make certain that each of you entered a gifted and talented program for mother's who love fashion plus jewelry, and not only love being fashionable, (because anyone can love fashion and jewelry) but implement it everyday, in essence practicing what you preach. Hey Mama, you should be proud of your gorgeous and fashionable self. Mommyhood didn't mean sweatsuits and gym shorts for you. Happy Mother's Day!

Now about this little love of mine I call shopping.

This is what I purchased yesterday:


1. A DKNY cute short blazer
+
A matching DKNY skirt
---------------------------------
A beautiful and fun DKNY set

2. A JNY black and silver pendant necklace
+ A JNY black and silver earrings
A JNY black and silver bracelet
---------------------------------------------------
One heck of a set of fashion jewelry

A yellow Nordstrom blouse
+ A yellow and purple Nordstrom skirt
---------------------------------------------------
A cute outfit for evening walks on the beach

Now, I also OF COURSE went to Neiman's yesterday but I only had a few minutes left before they closed, so I put the following on hold until tomorrow:

A smaller size of the St. John cardie that I purchased earlier in the week
A new St. John shell
A St. John cardie to match this new shell that is on hold
Ellen Tracy blazer
Matching Ellen Tracy pants are on order to be shipped from another store

And BTW, disappointment again. Rats! I tried on the theory dresses from Thursday's post and guess what? They fit and are in fact quiet flattering, but what I don't like is the slip that they have to go under the dress. I don't like wearing slips at all. So, unfortunately I didn't purchase either of them. It seems to be DH's lucky weekend! I really didn't spend much at all. So far I've crossed the Nicole Miller off of my list, and now both theories. I have a strong suspicion that the little casual dresses that I put on my Mother's Day list are going to fit just fine. I mean what were they, about $150 - $155 each? Those will probably be the winners. I guess DH's Louis wallet will thank me. I swear that thing looks like a check book rather than a wallet. Happy now Louis wallet? I didn't get any of the dresses that I really longed for.

What did I get for Mother's Day besides those dresses? The usual. Perfume (Chanel chance) jewelry, candles. I don't need much, afterall I go shopping everyday in every way shape and form possible. DH was surprised that there were still pieces left from this season that I wanted. To quote him, "I thought you wiped them out already" I'm sorry I take offense at that. "I thought you wiped them out already" Them who?

Notice that I am not offended that my husband has implied that I am a shopping junkie in need of a 90-day recovery program.

1 comment:

jacquelyn said...

Hey, thanks for the mother's day wish! I always swore that even with a child, I would never do three things: wear a sweat suit, drive a minivan, or stop caring about how I look. Don't get me wrong, the first few weeks proved a challenge to the last item, but I still managed to pull it together every day, and you know what? I felt better about myself as a resut.

Love your blog! I wish I had as many wonderful brick and mortar shopping opportunities at my fingertips as you do!