Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I WAS AS PRETTY AS A KITTY TODAY -


Meow, if I might say so myself. It was an unseasonably hot day today, and since I had a conference to attend I decided to wear the Kay Unger suit that I purchased yesterday with the Chanel wedges that I purchased on Saturday. For accessories I wore my Ralph Lauren chunky and big necklace of white stones, along with white dangle earrings and a coordinating white bracelet. Bag was my navy oversized Gucci tote. Besides looking 3 dress sizes smaller today and fabulous, I also ordered the above dress. I think it's cute, but let's see what it looks like when I try it on. Some dresses weren't made for gals who's figures don't resemble that of a young boy. Hello dressmakers, some of us have actual curves! And your dresses are made for women who are nearly flat-chested and who's waist and hips measure the same width. Want to become the designer of the century? Here's a little help, some of us have boobs, some of us have hips, some of us have both. Of course there are those that don't have either. Frankly, if you like to design clothing for that body type, then please stick to either designing for men or school girls. Want your dresses to sell out on pre-order? Then design like you were actually designing for a fully developed female. Don't want your dress to end up on clearance or on Last Call? Stop with the mid-calf lengths, stop having every nine dresses out of ten resemble a camisole, (do you know what happens when someone who is larger than or equal to a C cup wears a sleeveless dress?) and please design dresses in something other than rayon or polyester, I feel like I should be shopping at a discount department store with the fabric of some of these dresses, but for un-discounted prices. If I'm paying $400 or more for a dress it better not be made of any RAYON or POLYESTER. There have been many a dress that I have put back on the rack due to fabric content, and I'm certain that I'm not the only one who's been disappointed by cheap fabric choices. Like I said, I would expect these fabrics to predominate in a budget store, but not in high-end dept. stores such as the one's that I shop. The above dress? I don't know anything about the fabric. It doesn't have that slightly important detail listed on the NM site. I have a strong feeling that this is going to be one of those polyester dresses a-la Diane von Furstenberg. By the way, DVF what's up with all of that nasty polyester that you use? A. It's EXTRAORDINARILY cheap looking B. It's isn't flattering C. It's very poor quality D. It makes your design house seem as if you manufacture in some seedy sweat_ _ _ _. I can't even say the word. Thank goodness, that's not the case. So why not stop with all the Qmart quality fabric?

No comments: